Friday, October 05, 2012

Fatal Attraction

Years ago I wrote about my irresistible attraction to 23 year olds. Since then I’ve moved on. I am now attracted to 29 year olds. I’m kidding. Actually I already swore off 20-somethings a long time ago. Once you get past the thrilling joie de vivre all you end up with is boring self-absorption. Besides, I should be the retard in the relationship. I have no business pretending to be the responsible adult.

But once in a while the attraction comes back. Like eczema, it never really goes away; it just stays dormant until the next trigger comes along. And a movie like Liberal Arts is one of those things that make one feel wistful about old longings. Themes of poignant awkwardness and inexorable doom never grow old, I guess. Unfortunately I’m at that age when it’s already icky to carry on with a 20-something. It would just seem like I was taking advantage in a Woody Allen kind of way. Still…
 
 

No comments: